Step 1: Collect your supplies
- Basket - Any type you like
- Small tree branch – Make sure it has limbs suitable for hanging things on.
- Gift cards – Any type you like. A cool variation would be to use scratch off lottery tickets.
- Ribbon – These are to tie around the branches to give them a little color.
- Large paper clips – These are for attaching the gift cards to the branches.
- Candy filling – Pick something your gift recipient likes.
- Florist styrofoam – Make sure it’s small enough to fit into the basket, but large enough to support your branch.
- Duct tape or glue
Step 2: Assemble your tree
Secure the florist styrofoam to the bottom of the basket with the tape or glue. Stick the bottom of your tree branch into the florist styrofoam.
Step 3: Fill your basket
After your tree is secure in the basket, fill the rest of the basket with the candy.
Step 4: Add the gift cards
Attach each gift card to the branches with one of the large paperclips (make sure to distribute them evenly so it doesn’t fall over).
Step 5: Decorate
Cut your ribbon between 4 and 6 inches then tie bows around a few of the branches. Feel free to add any other decoration you’d like!
Now that’s how you make a gift card tree!
I think that most of us can recognize that gift cards are always the perfect present because the person gets to pick out what they want for themselves! Here are some great HaveDeals coupons for related gift cards.